About Me

My photo
Hello there. Now generally, I’m not one for public declarations. However, I'm a mere 1 week away from embarking on one of the most terrifying and exciting experiences of my life. On May 30th, I will be travelling to Brazil, to a place called Iracambi, deep in the Atlantic Rainforest. Set up by pioneering South Africans, Iracambi’s mission is to make the conservation of the rainforest more attractive than its destruction. It works with the local community to conserve the land and help generate income in one of the most bio-diverse places in the world. Once there, I will spend a month donating my skills to help them create a brand and communications strategy, which I hope will make a positive difference to their future success. This blog will be a document of my time there, a way for friends and family to see what I’m up to and, crucially, a portal to help raise funds for this project (aiming for a total of £1000). If you feel you’d like to sponsor my work out there, just click on the ‘Make a donation’ button: any donations will be incredibly gratefully received and you’ll be able to see how that money will be spent. Many thanks for taking the time to read this and wish me luck!

Friday 5 June 2009


Today I've been throughly Skyped - several long interviews over that noble portal is actually quite tiring I've discovered. I've got a good view from my desk though (today's picture)And despite the fact it is only 8.30pm here, it's been pitch black for a good few hours and I'm already feeling sleepy. That might have something to do with the prospect of getting up at 6am to go on a guided hike with the local county officials. No doubt I won't have a clue what they're saying, but I'm hoping for lots of good photos. Bom fin de semana, people!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are enjoying it! We are all sooooo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete